Monday, February 21, 2011

where it's going

So with all the time I don't have, I've not been able to photograph any kids except a couple and of course my own son.  I feel that the project needs to take a turn.  I believe that a lot of people don't want to tell their stories and they are much more private than me.  From now on, I will tell my own story (by keeping a laptop near my bed and trying to write a few times a week), but I will post photos of all my autism subjects.  They will be on a first name basis only.  If you feel that you want to tell your story, I'm down for that, but for me, I just want to be able to offer families photos of their loved ones for free, in exchange for just exhibiting them.  The true goal is to show how HUGE an issue ASD is.  That's all, at least for now.  And with that, I took this photo of my son the other day.  I feel that it really displays how he must feel at least once a day.  And now that we are on this really stupid winter break that they ONLY HAVE UP HERE IN FRIGGIN' NEW ENGLAND, he's really "off" these days.  But I have to say, as long as he has playdates and stays busy, it's not like this. 

He is really just getting ready to sit for me, but I think the photo says more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment